18-Oct-2020 04:00 PM(CEST)
Yoga, Breathing and Meditation for Mental health – workshop
Mental stress is becoming one of the biggest global problems and is the main reason for Neurological and Psychological disorders. Anxiety, stress, sleepless nights, and overthinking have now become a part of our day to day life. Unfortunately, they have long term impact on our mind, body and soul. We also store tension in the body due to wrong posture, lack of movement, as well as emotional and mental stress. Furthermore, fast breathing is associated with tension, worry and fear that can affect our health and our state of mind.
Ancient science of Yoga and Meditation have long been acknowledged as a most powerful tool to master the mind and cope with stress in our daily life. Science is increasingly validating those claims, especially for depression, schizophrenia, anxiety, PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder), and ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder). However, even with so much of data supporting the benefits of meditation, common people find it difficult to learn the art of meditation and feel the long-term benefits in their life. In this workshop, we will give you tools to use the science of yoga and meditation to be in charge of your mental well-being.
The focus of this workshop
- In this workshop, we will learn a range of techniques to help us release tension from our bodies and mind. Chinmayee will guide you through movement in yoga and a few breathing exercises. We will start with a few dynamic movements and learn how we can use mindful movement to meditate while we are moving out body.
- Furthermore, how to use simple breathing exercises to de-stress even in a hectic everyday life. In a closed group, you will then experience a few powerful breathing lessons. A combination of yogic breathing techniques and breathwork will be used to you feel calmer, de-stress and just feel good.
- During deep relaxation, we will explore our deep-rooted resolve to manifest our best self and then seeding that Intent within our sub-conscious realms. Yoga Nidra is also one of the most relaxing yoga practices and allows us to experience deep and subtle layers of our being. It is an incredible exploration of one’s Consciousness. Studies show that 30 mins of Deep Relaxation is as good as 2 hours of normal sleep!
The science of meditation
But now science has progressed, Neurofeedback has been scientifically proven to be a powerful tool to improve the overall health of your brain including improving memory, sleep quality and reducing stress and anxiety. You can measure the electrical activity of your brain to track your mental fitness and the impact of different activities on your brain. We will talk about how mental health ocan be tracked from the activities of your brain. Ria will talk about how meditation can change our brain physically and biologically.
What is the structure of the workshop?
- 4 – 4:10 pm: Introduction
- 4:15 – 4:50 pm: 30 mins Yoga Flow to Destress + 10 min gentle stretches to release tension
- 4.50 – 5.10 pm: simple breathwork exercises that can be done anytime to feel happy, refreshed and calm
- Breakout Session
- 5.20 – 5.50 pm: Talk on Mental health and Meditation by Ria
- 5: 50 – 6:00 pm: Q&A